I wanted to take a break from Space Marines and work on a Tyranid Malenthrope for Adam. I took the overall scheme for his Hivefleet and tried to work some gradients into the carapace. It sort of came out, but I’m going to need to practice to get the contrast right.
The spore sacks and digestion pods, I wanted gribbley. I started with Vallejo beige, then washed with Secret Weapon Sewer Water. I hit the raised areas with Citadel Nurgle’s Rot. That got things nice and goobery.
Finally, I picked out the exoskeleton in Reaper Stone Grey. It was based with Reper Shadowed Stone. I think it’s provided enough contrast given that it’s a largely shadowed surface.
On to the next project