Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Getting Back to Painting

Seems I'm doing that a fair bit lately, but it is what it is.  I think we all find that life gets in the way of our hobbies at one time or another.  I'll extend this to the fact that hobbies often get in the way of other hobbies.

I got back form Texas on the weekend (which was a project in itself) and though I took my paints (in their handy Reaper case), I just didn't get to painting.  Between the musical shifts at work and the fact that I genuinely wanted to try out the craft beer down there, there wasn't much time for painting.  I suppose the moral of the story here is to skip the weight if you're not going to bother with the hobby.

When I'm in a new place, I generally like to wander round and try new beer. If I'm in the hotel, I'm usually asleep. Doesn't leave much time for painting.

Take this weekend for instance; I'm heading up north of Bobcaygeon for a board game weekend with some friends. The paints are staying at home in favour of reading, gaming and generally hanging out.

Tyranid Malenthrope

I wanted to take a break from Space Marines and work on a Tyranid Malenthrope for Adam.  I took the overall scheme for his Hivefleet and t...