Tuesday, January 3, 2017

First Model of 2017


Admittedly, I got a start on this one last year.  It began its life with me as an Ork Battlewagon I purchased from eBay.  The conversion job was descent, basically a secondary gun deck made of balsa wood added to the back.  I often used it as a gunwagon when I was starting out and had to fill up points.  As my collection grew, I used it less and less until I finally decided around a month past to strip it and use it for my Imperial Fists.

So, I started by soaking the model in Simple Green, then disassembled what I could.  The sponsons were removed since I was short a lascannon and wanted to save points.  The Dozer Blade was also cut back since it was broken.  I replaced the spiked front blade with a more traditional blade.  Finally, unable to do much about the front glacis being installed upside down, I took the view port off and added a piece of brass etch for coverage.  After that, it was just a matter of painting and weathering, which I did on New Year's Day.

Admittedly, I still have some work to do on the front lights and the forward smoke stacks.  I'm not really settled on what to do with either yet, so I'm holding off until I make that decision.

Warhound Titan Commission

So, I took time off of my stuff to do something really big. Adam bought himself a Mars Pattern Warhound Titan and I got to paint it.  You ...