Saturday, February 4, 2017

Comic Readers Escalation League - Season 6 - Month 1



Another year and another Escalation League at Comic Readers.  I'm still entertained that I've transitioned from the fairly heavy tournament play in Barrie to the League play here as readily as I have.  They're both great ways to play, but I have to say that I think the league model is a bit more suited to my painting habits and time available at this point.


At any rate, I'm bringing Imperial Fists this year.  I went through the options for a 500 point list and the one Predator I did up for the start of the year combined with my love of painting Techmarines to get me to an Anvil Strike Force.


To that end, I built up a Vindicator, a Predator and two Techmarines.  I added a pair of Servitors to allow the Servo Harness Techmarine to repair on a 2+ and went to town.  The list is going to play quickly, get some long range shots in and have the ability for up to two Demolisher shots per turn.  At 500 points, there are going to be lists that can't deal with it.  There are also going to be lists that can.  Either way though, I'll be able to shoot my tanks at stuff.

Tyranid Malenthrope

I wanted to take a break from Space Marines and work on a Tyranid Malenthrope for Adam.  I took the overall scheme for his Hivefleet and t...