Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Hobby Progress

With the various conventions and my upcoming move, my hobby progress has been fairly erratic.  I've been concentrating on blocking out pieces and just working with the airbrush.


I've largely finished my Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod.  It still needs some weathering and possibly some transfers, but it's definitely ready for the tabletop.  I think it's safe to say that I've got my base yellow figured out at this point.





I played around with some shading and highlights on these containers.  I'm at the point where I'm reasonably happy with the red and it's time to move on to some detail work.





I tried some yellow gradients in the armour plates for the Warhound which are going to be hazard striped in the near future.




After that, I worked on some red gradients for the red armour plates on the Warhound.  I'm going to have to go back over the metals, but that's life and the reds look reasonably good at this point.




Finally, I used the airbrush for metallics for the first time.  This is also the first time I mixed right in the airbrush reservoir using backflow.  It was quick and easy and the first time I've worked successfully without pre-mixing paint.  It was certainly the way to do those hydraulics on the Warhound.  I don't even have the legs assembled and I'm already tired of those.

I'm planning to try hazard stripes next.
 




Warhound Titan Commission

So, I took time off of my stuff to do something really big. Adam bought himself a Mars Pattern Warhound Titan and I got to paint it.  You ...